CLASS BEGINS AT 9AM. 1 hour lunch break.
Handgun Marksmanship 1 is the perfect class for shooters of all skills levels who want to increase their accuracy, speed, and consistency with a handgun. Whether you are a competitive shooter, law enforcement, or a responsibly armed citizen it all starts with the fundamentals of marksmanship. In this class students will be exposed to the fundamental techniques necessary to fire an accurate shot, how to increase speed while maintaining acceptable accuracy, and how to efficiently draw and reload their handgun. Students will also have their technique diagnosed for any deficiencies, and will be given drills to educate them on how to fix those deficiencies. If you want to increase your shooting skills then Shoot GTR’s Handgun Marksmanship 1 is where you start.
Prerequisites: None (If you have never fired a handgun before we recommend attending our Basic Handgun Course before Handgun Marksmanship 1, but it is not necessary)
Rental guns, holsters, and ammunition are all available day of class in the Pro Shop.
COMBINE HANDGUN MARKSMANSHIP 1 & 2 CLASSES TO GET $20 OFF OF EACH CLASS. USE COUPON CODE “marksmanship” without quotes when you check out with BOTH classes in your cart!
- Firearms safety and handling
- Understanding how to practice
- Practical stance and grip
- Sight alignment and sight picture
- Trigger control techniques
- Body lock and follow through
- The relativity of accuracy
- Mechanical accuracy limits
- Efficiently drawing from a holster
- Emergency and speed reloads
- Diagnosing technique deficencies
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Serviceable full-size or compact handgun chambered in .22lr, 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP. (rentals avail)
- (Please NO micro pocket pistols, j-frame revolvers, or derringers)
- Minimum 3 magazines (included if renting)
- Quality strong-side hip holster (included if renting)
- Sturdy belt
- Magazine pouch/s for at least 2 magazines (included if renting)
- Proper training attire and closed-toe shoes. Rain gear if necessary
- Notepad and pen (important)
- Hydrating beverages