Weekend classes start at 1PM and go to about 4PM (Evening classes start at 6pm. Check calander for dates). Please arrive a few minutes beforehand to check in.
ACTIVE GTR MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE (NO DAY RATERS)
Completion of this course is required for members to be able to shoot on the GTR steel range (Range C) and to be certified to bring guests**.
On this range, members will be able to practice drawing from the holster and shooting on the steel plates at GTR. You will be designated as a GTR Range Safety Officer and be allowed to bring guests to the range with you (guest fees apply), and have access to the steel range (range C). Private Range bay rentals are available to Safe Shooter graduates.
Rental guns, holsters, and ammunition are all available day of class in the Pro Shop.
- Firearms safety
- Procedure and rules for bringing guests
- Range Safety Officer techniques
- Steel target characteristics and benefits
- Safety rules for shooting on steel
- Proper draw stroke technique
- How to give commands on C Range
- Moving the firing line properly
- Range upkeep
- 50 Rounds Minimum of Pistol Ammunition (NO STEEL CORE AMMO, NO ARMOR PIERCING, If you have a question, ASK US!)
- Firearm (rentals available for $15)
- Mag pouch & 2 mags (included with a rental)
- Quality strong-side hip holster (included with a rental)
- A sturdy belt!!!!
- Eye and ear protection
- Closed toe shoes
*Shoot GTR Classes/lessons may be rescheduled for future dated classes, or cancelled two weeks prior to the class/lesson date. Cancelled classes will result to a customer account credit only. Classes/lessons are unable to be cancelled within two weeks of the class/lesson date and No refunds or credits will be issued.*