Class starts at 1PM and goes to about 5PM. Please arrive a few minutes beforehand to check in.
ACTIVE GTR MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE (NO DAY RATERS)
Completion of this course is required for members to be able to shoot on the GTR steel range (Range C) and to be certified to bring guests**.
On this range, members will be able to practice drawing from the holster and shooting on the steel plates at GTR. You will be designated as a GTR Range Safety Officer and be allowed to bring guests to the range with you (guest fees apply), and have access to the steel range (range C).
- Firearms safety
- Procedure and rules for bringing guests
- Range Safety Officer techniques
- Steel target characteristics and benefits
- Safety rules for shooting on steel
- Proper draw stroke technique
- How to give commands on C Range
- Moving the firing line properly
- Range upkeep
- 50 Rounds Minimum of Pistol Ammunition (NO STEEL CORE AMMO, NO ARMOR PIERCING, If you have a question, ASK US!)
- NOTE: We sell our ammo in quantities of 100 rounds which is what is available upon checkout. As long as your ammo meets the requirements listed above, you’re welcome to bring your own)…
- Firearm (rentals available for $15)
- Mag pouch & 2 mags (included with a rental)
- Quality strong-side hip holster (included with a rental)
- A sturdy belt!!!!
- Eye and ear protection
- Closed toe shoes